Doorbell is an integral part of home electronics which helps to know if someone arrives at your door step. You are so much familiar with the doorbell functionality that you never give second thought to its functionality.
In rainy season or due to humidity your doorbell button might get broken. Replacing a broken doorbell button is similar to replacing a light switch. Follow these guidelines and you’ll replace a broken doorbell button easily.
How To Change A Broken or Burnt Door Bell Button?
- Always turn off the doorbell power by switching off the main circuit breaker or fuse box before you start working.
- Use a screwdriver to unscrew the doorbell’s cover plate. Remove the cover plate.
- Take the unit out from the wall to few inches so as the wires are exposed. While you do this make sure you do not hold the metal parts of the unit.
- Using a screwdriver unscrew the two electrical wires of the doorbell. The wires are placed on the back of the doorbell.
- Purchase a new unit with the same wire setup form the nearest hardware store. Now screw up the wires to the new doorbell button.
- Attach the new doorbell to the wall.
- Turn on the power and test the doorbell.
Jake Dickson is the co-founder of a local locksmith company in Broward County, Florida. If you are looking for affordable, reliable and local Locksmith Lighthouse Point FL, Locksmith Hallandale Beach FL, Locksmith Cooper City FL and Locksmith Wilton Manors FL – Call us today!