Bean bags are those comfortable shape-changing chairs which are adorning the living rooms and bedrooms of youngsters at an alarming rate. They are trendy and give the house a very modern look. Lets not forget that they are immensely comfortable. But cleaning them and increasing their shelf life needs efforts from you. There are different kinds of bean bags — they might have an outer covering of cloth, nylon, vinyl or leather. Even the beans inside can differ. Here are some cleaning techniques according to the type of bean bag you own. Also we have given some tips on taking good care of it. Leave a comment if you know of a better way to sparkle them up.
How to Clean and Care For a Bean Bag?
- If your have a cloth-cover bean bag, then your problems are half simplified. Washing and cleaning a cloth covering is very easy. Remove the cover and just put it in the washing machine in cold water and let technology do its job. You can rinse it in the dryer afterward or hang it to dry and it will be ready to use.
- You will have to be more careful with vinyl bean bags. You will have to clean it manually. Remove the beans from the inside and spread out the vinyl cover on the floor. Now get some warm water and a soft sponge. Add mild detergent to the water and use the sponge to clean the vinyl cover with it.
- If its a leather bean bag, then you will have to be super cautious while cleaning it. We all know that water spoils leather. So though the process of cleaning a leather cover of a bean bag remains the same as in the case of a vinyl cover, you must use a dry cloth to wipe off the water soon after you wipe it clean with the detergent-dipped sponge. This will also help in reducing the chances of water-spots defacing the cover.
- If you drop something on it, like gravy of your food or drinks or paint, then wipe it off the surface of the bean bag immediately with a damp cloth. This way, it won’t leave a stain and your bean bag will be spic and span.
- There are a some of precautions which you should follow to increase the life of your bean bag. Keep it indoors and on a smooth surface. Avoid keeping it on a rough surface or on concrete. This will protect the cover for a long time. There are special bean bags made of nylon which are suited for outdoor activities.
- Do not keep it in direct sunlight or near the fireplace. Heat will damage the cloth or the leather cover of the bean bag. If its a cloth, chances are that the color will fade away, and if its a leather or vinyl cover, then it could become brittle and useless.
- Keep your bean bag away from pets. You would not want scratches on the cover of your bean bag, and though everyone adores their pets, its better to keep them from clawing at your precious leather.
Jake Dickson is the co-founder of a local locksmith company in Broward County, Florida. If you are looking for affordable, reliable and local Locksmith Plantation FL, Locksmith Oakland Park FL and Locksmith Pembroke Pines FL – Call us today!